[xubuntu-users] disappearing thunderbird settings

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Thu May 24 05:20:52 UTC 2012

On 05/23/2012 11:44 PM, Ric Moore wrote:

> I use POP service via gmail, and it requires a contortion or
> two to set it up as Thunderbird seems hell-bent on you
> setting up IMAP instead. That would make it all go wonky if
> you are using POP. Ric

Well, it might seem like this and indeed thunderbird prefers
imap.

However, in the initial window, where you do your server
testing, there is a nice button just right of "imap", which
makes you choose "imap" or "pop".

That should do it.
And again, it does not matter, be it pop3, be it imap be it
newsreader, be it fees... you name it....
It simply does what you want it to do.

Eberhard