[xubuntu-users] thunderbird - setting up

ru ru1812 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 09:57:10 UTC 2012

On 22/05/12 21:02, Norman Silverstone wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 23:19 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
>> On 05/21/2012 03:06 PM, Norman Silverstone wrote:
>>> Having used Evolution since I started using Ubuntu (Warty) I decided to
>>> give Thunderbird a try. So far I have been able to receive messages but
>>> I am unable to send. I think that is because I cannot access the SMPT
>>> server because I need to enter a password. Could some one please point
>>> me to where I can do this, please?
>> When it asks for the password, just enter it AFTER you check the tic box
>> to remember the password. From then on, it's automatic. Ric
>>
> Ric - I would happily do this if I were being asked for a password but I
> am not. Let me explain what I have tried. On finding that I could not
> send an email I went to Edit ->  Account Settings ->  Outgoing Server
> (SMTP) ->  Edit but there is nowhere there to enter a password. I must be
> missing something so obvious that I cannot see it.
>
> Norman

Hello, if you want to clear your Password in Thunderbird so it prompts
you to enter it again, In Thunderbird go to Edit - Preferences -
Security  - Saved Passwords highlight your Account and click remove,
(this wont remove your Account just your password)  Close Thunderbird
and re open it.  you should be prompted you to re enter your Password,
you may have to click Get Mail.

Hope this helps