[xubuntu-users] dual boot

TOM TOM thomasthoma at gmail.com
Thu May 10 14:36:14 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Norman Silverstone
<norman at littletank.org>wrote:

> I am attempting to set up a new PC with Windows XP Pro and Xubuntu
> 12.04. XP Pro was installed followed by Xubuntu. The computer was then
> re-booted but, instead of getting a list to choose the operating system
> from, the PC went straight into XP Pro. Presumably something is
> preventing Grub from working correctly and I would be grateful for
> suggestions on how to deal with the problem. Thanks in advance
>
> Norman

If you have more than one hard drive, it's possible that grub didn't
install in the drive that's first in the boot order.
Another possibility, if you installed using a usb stick, is that grub
installed itself to the usb instead of the drive.
So, if you reinstall make sure that grub is installed to sda.