[xubuntu-users] Problem installing 12.04?

Greg Zeng gregzeng at gmail.com
Wed May 9 05:04:47 UTC 2012

What model Dell?  If you are trying a 64 bit op sys on a 32-only bit
computer, that may be the problem.

Sometimes my partitions on the drive are messed up.  In these cases, I
try installing another 'buntu op sys.  Or use the 'buntu MANUAL
install, to select, clean/ modify your existing partitions, instead of
relying on an automatic installation.

Using a USB installer?  Sometimes installing this way may not work;
cd or dvd only.  I've also had the installation media (CD, DVD,
USB-Flash container) have a permanent hardware breakdown.

Using your installing method, try installing onto another computer.
No need to complete the installation - just to see if the same error
happens.