[xubuntu-users] Howto Ubuntu -> Xubuntu

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Sun May 6 01:48:11 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM, h.lekin <h.lekin at gmx.net> wrote:

> About chatting: I use Pidgin for Jabber(XMPP). I think you have to
> register for an AIM or ICU account; you don't have to do this for a
> Jabber account.
>
> Mail works too, just a little slower...

Mail is fine, but I think discussing how to chat belongs in private
email, or chat itself.

I started pidgin, I see I have 6 accounts; all of them were free to
register.  They are ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo and IRC (2 differrent
servers)  I also see I can create a new account with the XMPP
protocol.  I don't know how to fill out the rest of the info:
Username  (make one up?)
Domain      I have no idea
Resource   I have no idea
Password  (well, I suppose I know how to do this one)

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD