[xubuntu-users] Version 12.04

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Thu May 3 08:30:46 UTC 2012

On 02/05/12 22:43, Joshua O'Leary wrote:
> On 02/05/12 20:08, Michael P. Reilly wrote:
>>
>> The default location for the Application Menu (cute mouse in front of
>> the blue "X") is the top left with the panel running across the top.
>>  You could have moved it at some point.  From the applications menu,
>> select "Settings > Settings Manager > Panels".  In the dialog, select
>> "Horizonal" orientation and 100% length.  If "Lock panel" is selected,
>> then uncheck it.  Then move the panel where you want, for example, to
>> the bottom of the screen.  Click on "Close" to save the changes.
>>
>>   -Arcege
>> --
I have tried this. Every time I drag the panel to the bottom of the
screen it goes back to the top.

> Hi,
> As a suggested solution for editing the first weekday, after editing the
> locales file, did you run:
> sudo locale-gen
> To update it? This forum post may be useful:
>
> Joshua

Thanks for that. I do not remember having to update the locales file
last time. However I have now run locale-gen and restarted the program
and it is now working as required. I have updated my help notes too.

Regards

Neil