[xubuntu-users] sshd not accepting connections

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 02:37:31 UTC 2012

After my update to xubuntu 12.04 at work, I can no longer ssh into the
machine.  I have a samba share set up that mounts flawlessly on my
Windows XP laptop, but neither ping nor ssh work.

At first I discovered that I didn't have sshd, but I installed OpenSSL
and the daemon is running, but no connection.

I've never really looked into this before, but I will say that when
the box was running Maverick, it had no such problems at all.

Suggestions welcome - thanks in advance.

MR