[xubuntu-users] gmusicbrowser users feedback request

Piskie ub.untu at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 23 07:59:41 UTC 2012

On 22/06/12 17:07, Bruno Benitez wrote:
>  * Do you use gmusicbrowser?
>     * Do you use other media players? If yes, which is your primary
> one, and why?
>  * Do you like or dislike gmusicbrowser?
>     * Especially if you dislike; why, what is the feature that makes
> you dislike it?
>  * Generally, is there any changes you'd like to see made in
> gmusicbrowser?
>  * Is there something else you want to say about gmusicbrowser?

  * Do you use gmusicbrowser?
No.

     * Do you use other media players? If yes, which is your primary
one, and why?

Use clementine on the desktop - it makes using playlists easy for me - I
almost exclusively use playlists, either per album or ones I have built
myself. Some of these have up to 100 hours of music in them.

On the laptop I use MOC - not such a great machine so I use terminal
based player. Does what I need it to.

  * Do you like or dislike gmusicbrowser?

Dislike.

     * Especially if you dislike; why, what is the feature that makes
you dislike it?

I reinstalled gmusicbrowser specifically to look at playlists again - I
cannot find anyway to either play from an existing playlist or to create
and save one. I assume there is one - but I expect a media player that I
am going to use daily for up to 10 hours to do the tasks I want it to
simply.

You have to guess that the 'gear icon' is actually settings.

Too many different view options.

  * Generally, is there any changes you'd like to see made in gmusicbrowser?

Clear help to find what you are trying to do, I know there are docs
available  on the internet - but I don't find them particularly easy to
follow.

Simple playlist save/import options.

  * Is there something else you want to say about gmusicbrowser?

No.

Piskie