[xubuntu-users] (no subject)

John Murphy jcmurphy at eastlink.ca
Fri Jun 22 20:35:11 UTC 2012

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:07:51 -0300
From: Bruno Benitez<gridcube at gmail.com>
To: Xubuntu Help and User Discussions<xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: [xubuntu-users] gmusicbrowser users feedback request

Hello,

The Xubuntu team is currently working on a specification to investigate if
it would be a good move to change the media player from gmusicbrowser to
something else.

Until this date, we have received next to no negative feedback about
gmusicbrowser, but we understand that instead of giving feedback, some
unhappy users will just uninstall gmusicbrowser and replace with another
media player.

This is why we are contacting you, our faithful users, to gather some
feedback about gmusicbrowser. If you have 5 to 10 minutes free time, please
get around to answering the questions below and sending a reply back to
this mailing list before 27th of June. Thank you!

Please note that while any feedback is welcome, we are only gathering
feedback on gmusicbrowser at this time, so please don't send your
recommendations on other media playes to the list.

  * Do you use gmusicbrowser?

Yes, I use gmusicbrowser for music. I was impressed that I could play .wmv files as well as .mp3 files from my windows drive from within xubuntu.  I am a xubuntu rookie, although I have used other operating systems and programming languages for over 30 years.

  * Do you use other media players? If yes, which is your primary one,
and why?

I haven't used any other audio players at this point.

  * Do you like or dislike gmusicbrowser?
     * Especially if you dislike; why, what is the feature that makes you
dislike it?

On occasion, when I start gmusicbrowser, it deletes the whole music library list for no apparent reason (maybe because some are on my windows drive???).

  * Generally, is there any changes you'd like to see made in gmusicbrowser?
  * Is there something else you want to say about gmusicbrowser?

--
*John Murphy - Dartmouth NS*