[xubuntu-users] gmusicbrowser users feedback request

Piskie ub.untu at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 22 16:20:43 UTC 2012

On 22/06/12 17:07, Bruno Benitez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The Xubuntu team is currently working on a specification to
> investigate if it would be a good move to change the media player from
> gmusicbrowser to something else.
>
> Until this date, we have received next to no negative feedback about
> gmusicbrowser, but we understand that instead of giving feedback, some
> unhappy users will just uninstall gmusicbrowser and replace with
> another media player.
>
> This is why we are contacting you, our faithful users, to gather some
> feedback about gmusicbrowser. If you have 5 to 10 minutes free time,
> please get around to answering the questions below and sending a reply
> back to this mailing list before 27th of June. Thank you!
>
> Please note that while any feedback is welcome, we are only gathering
> feedback on gmusicbrowser at this time, so please don't send your
> recommendations on other media playes to the list.
>
>  * Do you use gmusicbrowser?
>     * Do you use other media players? If yes, which is your primary
> one, and why?
>  * Do you like or dislike gmusicbrowser?
>     * Especially if you dislike; why, what is the feature that makes
> you dislike it?
>  * Generally, is there any changes you'd like to see made in
> gmusicbrowser?
>  * Is there something else you want to say about gmusicbrowser?
>

> --
> Bruno.-

* Do you use gmusicbrowser? No.

     * Do you use other media players? If yes, which is your primary
one, and why? Yes, clementine is primary one. It works well for me with
my library and playlists. Simple use and layout.

  * Do you like or dislike gmusicbrowser? I dilsike it.

     * Especially if you dislike; why, what is the feature that makes
you dislike it? I'm sure that if I took the time to work with it I could
get it to do as I wish, but I find it unintuitive to use. Visually it
appears to be dated and rather 'clunky'.

  * Generally, is there any changes you'd like to see made in
gmusicbrowser?Updated - more intuituve to use, less visually 'dated'

  * Is there something else you want to say about gmusicbrowser?

regards

Piskie