[xubuntu-users] notifications not there

Joshua O'Leary joshua.oleary at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 9 10:38:09 UTC 2012

On 09/06/12 07:49, Ric Moore wrote:
> I am not getting any notifications when I do things like pop in a DVD
> into my drive. When I try "panel - add new items" notification is
> there but refuses to place it on the bar. Thanks, in advance, Ric

DVD notifications aren't shown on the panel, but by popup boxes instead.
Go into Menu>Settings>Settings Manager>Removable Drives and
Media>Multimedia and ensure that DVDs are set to open with a suitable
application (e.g. VLC). Normal drives like memory sticks can be set up
under the Storage tab.

Joshua