[xubuntu-users] X software to rip and burn

TOM TOM thomasthoma at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 16:25:16 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got a conglomeration of software on my Ubuntu system.  I hope to
> strip down and go Xubuntu at 12.04.1.  I need some help with
> alternatives.
>
> I've been using K3B to burn CDs and DVDs, mostly release disks and
> other software, a few backups.
> I use Ktorrent.
> I use Kalarm.
> I use gparted and Gimp.  Does the 'g' mean Gnome, GNU or what?  What
> else is there?
> I use synaptic, and don't know if it's in Xubuntu.
>
> --
> Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Anything can be installed in Xubuntu. That said:

K3b is irreplaceable, so you'd have most of the KDE dependencies anyways,
thus Ktorrent and Kalarm wouldn't hurt so much.

If you can settle with xfburn however, you can use the default transmission
instead of ktorrent and alarm-clock-applet instead of kalarm.

The rest don't bring in much dependencies as KDE apps.