[xubuntu-users] video problem

Benoit frombenny at aliceadsl.fr
Mon Jun 4 06:01:01 UTC 2012

Google your monitor' model + xorg.conf.

I had some issues me too with my old CRT monitor. Here's the content of
my xorg.conf (/etc/X11/xorg.conf) :

    Section "Monitor"
         Identifier     "Monitor"
         VendorName     "CTX"
         ModelName      "VL700"
         HorizSync       30.0 - 70.0
         VertRefresh     50.0 - 160.0
         Option         "DPMS"
    EndSection

    Section "Device"
         Identifier     "Device0"
         Driver         "nvidia"
         VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
         BoardName      "GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a"
         Option    "NoLogo"    "True"
    EndSection

    Section "Screen"
         Identifier     "Screen0"
         Device         "Device0"
         Monitor        "Monitor"
         Option         "metamodes" "1024x768_85 +0+0"
         SubSection     "Display"
             Depth       24
         EndSubSection
    EndSection

Works fine with Xubuntu but now in Ubuntu, the "metamodes" isn't working
with Gnome 3.

Frombenny