[xubuntu-users] video problem

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Sun Jun 3 17:56:02 UTC 2012

This afternoon, using the latest up to date version of Xubuntu with an
Asus P8H 61-MLE MB in my PC, for the first time I connected to a Hyundai
monitor. To my great disappointment the screen display is not as it
should be. For example, a playing card instead of being rectangular is
square. When I have had similar problems with Windows I have dealt with
things quite adequately by installing drivers which came with the
motherboard. On checking the CD for this MB there is a folder labeled
LiuxDrivers and inside the folder is a text file which reads:- Note:
Please update to the latest Linux Kernel for motherboard chipset and
components support.

Now I am puzzled, I assumed that I had the latest Linux Kernel installed
but perhaps I haven't. What would be the best way of getting this
problem sorted out, please?

Norman