[xubuntu-users] How to change keys e.g. [ ]

James Freer jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 21:14:41 UTC 2012

[UK keyboard]

I'd be grateful if someone could advise how i can swop the [ ]
brackets for ( ). I virtually never use the square brackets and find
always doing SHIFT + ( or ) a pain. Ok a minor thing but i just find
it irritating as i seem to use ( ) quite a lot in writing. I don't
know where to look - i can change some of the other keys like the CTRL
for CAPSLOCK (popular i gather for emacs users) through
Panel->Keyboard Layouts.

I was wondering if one could put an alias in the bashrc which would be
useful as i keep a backup for new releases as i have quite a few
aliases already.

many thanks
james