[xubuntu-users] Need help viewing video from my own web page

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 15:57:44 UTC 2012

I have a web page that celebrates my dog.  I've been posting my
pictures and videos to it, learning about web pages and such as I go
along.
I've just gotten thumbnails sorted out, and I'm on to the videos.
They're fine when viewed through the File Manager, but not through a
browser from the page itself.  They either stay black, or show a few
frames and go black.    The same thing happens from my Windows 7
laptop, but I mostly see Flash on it so I don't know if it views other
plain video files properly.

The videos are AVI and MP4.  Clicking "save link as" saves an exact
copy, so I presume I'm serving them right, but I cannot be sure.

The system is Ubuntu 11.04, with Xubuntu added.  (I plan to install
xubuntu 12.04.1 when I get a Round Tuit) I run an xfce session.  The
browsers I use are Firefox and Chrome.

I don't know if I'm serving them wrong, or have the browsers set up
wrong.  It would be nice to know if anyone sees them properly and can
guide me through setup, or if everyone sees what I do and I'm actually
serving them wrong.

the page is http://kosmanor.com/Cully.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD