[xubuntu-users] Notification Area or indcator apllet to be gone in future?

Lee Gold leegold at operamail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:11:09 UTC 2012

Hi,

I heard the Notification Area will not be in upcoming versions of
Ubuntu. I tried to another distro with just Gnome and it was still
there, so I assume it's not an Xfce thing. Is it true they will be
taking it out?

Just my opinion but I can't stand it and tried other distros in a quest
to rid myself of little squished icons in a little squished space ie.
the notification area, or indicator plugin or what ever it is _ I'm
confused...

But all Gnome based distros seem to have it. So I'm back with Xubuntu -
which has the least things wrong with it.

Just my opinion.