[xubuntu-users] harddisk failure, or Xubuntu refuses to load

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 06:55:44 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Joshua O'Leary
<joshua.oleary at btinternet.com> wrote:
> traditional way by issuing the 'startx' command? You could also force a
> single fsck check on the next boot, by running touch /forcefsck. Also, it

This didn't help either. After performing the checks there were no
obvious error messages. Just a (from memory):
mountall: fsck /boot returned status 1.

Then the booting process got bogged down as usual: endless error
messages related to the hard disk.

I took another look at the logs and I noticed two recurring lines:
end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 200664606

and:
end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 212886687

Does this tell us anything interesting? Regards
Liviu