[xubuntu-users] Password keyring doesn't get unlocked upon login

Joshua O'Leary joshua.oleary at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 12 16:54:59 UTC 2012

On 08/07/12 22:51, Ged Byrom wrote:
>    The fix was to find this line:
>

>     OnlyShowIn=GNOME;Unity
>
>     And append ;XFCE to it, making it:
>
>     OnlyShowIn=GNOME;Unity;XFCE
>
>     After a quick reboot everything worked as normal.
>

>  I have just used this method on my sons netbook and it worked.
> I used the delete keyrings folder method on my own netbook which is
> completely different. Is it likely to have damaged my system or made
> it less secure ?
> regards ged

It shouldn't affect security, as keyrings are recreated at next login if
you delete them in Ubuntu 12.04. Deleting any files in your home folder
is not going to damage the system as a whole, and would only cause loss
of your own data. Also, if you have a launchpad account please could you
mark this as affecting you. (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-keyring/+bug/1022322)

Joshua