[xubuntu-users] Printer Epson LX300 - is it possible to use A4 paper in Linux?

Ralph 36countyroad at comcast.net
Tue Jul 3 18:12:57 UTC 2012

On 07/03/2012 01:22 AM, Ric Moore wrote:

>>> They DO have good Linux support. Their CUSTOMER and product support
>>> reeks. I pledged HP that I would speak ill of them and their products,
>>> when ever I got the chance. So, ...just so you know. Ric
>>   Interesting, I wonder if this is a National thing as in Nations.  I
>> have had absolutely superb support from HP over many years, with never a
>> complaint.
>>
>> There again, NZ has draconian consumer laws................
>
> I was told I should have spent more money for my printer if I expected
> it to last more than a year. That fried my bacon. Ric

I gave up on HP because of the high ink prices- bought a Brothers 440CN
for just about $70 -- been working like a good champ for 4 or 5 years.
NO Problems and ink is way way cheaper -- 4 of each cartridge X 4
different cartridges
(16 total) off the internet for 10 bucks plus shipping - lasts me a full
year.  HP can go suck pond scum.