[xubuntu-users] Two power managers

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Jan 26 07:22:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

Recently I wrote to this list about my system having a bug when it comes out of suspend - it comes alive once, then it goes back to sleep straight away, then it comes alive again after I hit a key. This happens each time i bring it out of suspend since a recent upgrade.

The other day I noticed I appear to have two different power managers running (see attached image - there are two batteries on the left hand side). With a different icon set these are clearly different programs. One of them is xfce4's native power manager which I can right click on to get a menu. The other one gives me no info at all when I click it. I have grepped through 'ps auxwww' output and all kinds of things but I simply can't figure out what this other power manager is so I can stop it. I've also looked in my startup but I can't see anything there either.

Could this be something that got installed during a recent upgrade? Did Xubuntu change it's default power manager? I have 'start gnome services' checked - could this be a gnome thing and if so how do i stop it?

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Chris.

http://mccormick.cx