[xubuntu-users] Using PTP Cameras

Joshua O'Leary joshua.oleary at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 16 18:31:01 UTC 2012

Hi,
When I connect a PTP class camera to a computer running Xubuntu, it is
not mounted by Thunar. I have to use an external program (gtkam) to
download files off the camera. Is it possible to add PTP support to
thunar (I know thunar volman supports it, but can only run other
applications when a camera is found and does not open it directly in
Thunar)? If not, may I suggest that gtkam is added as one of the default
programs on the Xubuntu CD-ROM, so that PTP cameras can be used out of
the box? (gThumb only works if a camera is currently mounted).

Joshua