[xubuntu-users] Trash doesn't work.

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 20:10:18 UTC 2012

I have been trying the liveCD of Xubuntu 11.10 for several days now, to
see if I want to install it. Very pleased with it, except for one
problem. The Trash can doesn't work.

If I try to put anything in it, I get the message "Unable to find or
create trash directory". It's the same whether I use the desktop icon or
the bottom panel applet.

How do I get it working, please?

I have no updates installed, owing to a memory shortage, and am
wondering if all will be well if I did install Xubuntu 11.10 together
with the updates.

I've searched but can't find the answer.

Many thanks for any help.

Keith