[xubuntu-users] Links on desktop are not listed - why not?

Lee Gold leegold at operamail.com
Wed Feb 22 05:36:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

Something I never noticed and wondered if you could explain. When I view
my /home/.../Desktop in a file manager or ls command in the terminal I
see no items. But what you would call shortcuts in Windows lingo are
there, maybe they are called links in Linux (?). A link to my home
folder, trash, a link to File System is there on my desktop. I would
like the file manager and the ls command to report these objects. How is
this done? Why doesn't Xubuntu 11.10 show this?

Thanks