[xubuntu-users] Updatedb and locate does not work

Lee Gold leegold at operamail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:53:59 UTC 2012

$ cat /etc/updatedb.conf
PRUNE_BIND_MOUNTS="yes"
# PRUNENAMES=".git .bzr .hg .svn"

# PRUNEPATHS="/tmp /var/spool /media /home/.ecryptfs"
PRUNEPATHS="/tmp /var/spool /media"

# PRUNEFS="NFS nfs nfs4 rpc_pipefs afs binfmt_misc proc smbfs autofs
iso9660 ncpfs coda devpts ftpfs devfs mfs shfs sysfs cifs lustre_lite
tmpfs usbfs udf fuse.glusterfs fuse.sshfs curlftpfs ecryptfs fusesmb
devtmpfs"
PRUNEFS="NFS nfs nfs4 rpc_pipefs afs binfmt_misc proc smbfs autofs
iso9660 ncpfs coda devpts ftpfs devfs mfs shfs sysfs cifs lustre_lite
tmpfs usbfs udf fuse.glusterfs fuse.sshfs curlftpfs fusesmb devtmpfs"

I edited out "/home/.ecryptfs" and "ecryptfs".

updatedb and locate seem to work OK now.

Thank you!