[xubuntu-users] Updatedb and locate does not work

Lee Gold leegold at operamail.com
Tue Feb 7 03:42:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

my /etc/updatedb.conf:

PRUNE_BIND_MOUNTS="yes"
# PRUNENAMES=".git .bzr .hg .svn"
PRUNEPATHS="/tmp /var/spool /media /home/.ecryptfs"
PRUNEFS="NFS nfs nfs4 rpc_pipefs afs binfmt_misc proc smbfs autofs
iso9660 ncpfs coda devpts ftpfs devfs mfs shfs sysfs cifs lustre_lite
tmpfs usbfs udf fuse.glusterfs fuse.sshfs curlftpfs ecryptfs fusesmb
devtmpfs"

Ric's advice is relevant and now that I look at it I see "PRUNEPATHS"
which must mean "remove from the search" and I think I was searching for
many names in my /home dir as a quick test which did not work, and now I
see /home/... is "pruned". That must be my problem.

I'm sorry, I should have read Rick's post carefully. Thank you Ric and
Jaska for the help.

Lee

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different...