[xubuntu-users] Abiword & Libreoffice writer -- "jitters"

James Freer jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 21:45:44 UTC 2012

> DOSbox is a good idea and wordstar is still available for free (i
> actually preferred that to WP although i've used both in the past).
>
> I've tried the other video card and keyboards and 'jitters' still seem
> to be there. I was surprised to learn that xubuntu 12.04 has Abiword
> 2.9.2 development version not the stable one. But i don't think that's
> the problem.
>
> The fact that i had the same thing with LO-office suggests to me what
> i thought in the first place... a bug somewhere but i'm not technical
> enough to analyse the source. I installed another distro on another
> machine and no problems. Regret to say that when i've done appropriate
> backups and reorganised i'll install that distro on this main machine.
> But i'm beginning to think now that i won't be used xubuntu in future.
>
> james

Thanks all who replied. I've been in touch with the abiword mailing
list and there were a few bugs in ver 2.9.2. I am a bit surprised that
no one else had any problems on the 'jitters' side somehow it's
xubuntu problem as i suspected.

As for wordstar use - emacs can be customised with WS keybindings
which was welcome discovery.

james