[xubuntu-users] reading contents of CD

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Sat Aug 18 06:22:19 UTC 2012

> Is the model of the OP's printer listed in the Ubuntu printer setup? I
> just installed a Lexmark printer and found it listed in the stock
> printer setup routine. It printed a test page perfectly. That's about as
> easy as it gets. I didn't need no stinkin' CD at all. Ric

Ric - I have installed quite a few different printers in my time and
agree with you that it is usually very easy. However, this is the first
time I have tried to install a completely wireless printer and a
knowledge of how to arrange the link up with the router and the other
computers is very useful. After all, before asking questions, it is a
good thing to read the information available. I am sure you must agree.

Norman