[xubuntu-users] clean up Recommended Applications

Wybo Dekker wybo at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 10 10:59:15 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-05 17:07, Wybo Dekker wrote:
> When in Thunar I click right on a pdf file\ and then: 'Open with' ->
> 'Open with other application', I see nine "Recommended applications" and
> dozens of other applications. Both sets contain entries that make no
> sense and don't work. When I right-click on an entry, a "Remove
> Launcher" pop-up appears, but it is grayed and does not work.
> Is there a way to clean up this list, or even empty it?

Thanks everybody for the overwhelming amount of reactions.
I finally found out. The list is in
~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
A lot of *.desktop, and all wine-stuff can be removed from
~/.local/share/application.
Still don't know why "Remove launcher" right click pop-ups don't work.

--
Wybo