[xubuntu-users] How to configure two monitors on a laptop with Intel graphics (Arrandale chipset)

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 23:44:57 UTC 2012

I just replaced my Lucid Ubuntu with Precise Xubuntu on my laptop.  I
ran two monitors before, but I don't seem to know what app I need to
configure them in Xubuntu, and I'm getting the same image on both
monitors.

If I right-click the desktop and choose "desktop settings" I get a
dialog box that knows I have two monitors and offers to configure
backgrounds, menus and icons for them separately (but since I'm
getting a single image, this does not work).

My desktop has nVidia, which has its own setting manager.  The Ubuntu
setup on this laptop had a different utility, but I don't want to have
to restore that backup just to find its name.

Anybody know?

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD