[xubuntu-users] vim without gvim?

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 19:05:36 UTC 2012

I've been using vi and clones since around 1984, so I'm pretty much
married to them. I've just started dabbling with a pure xubuntu
install, and found that my naïve addition of vim also pulled in a huge
bunch of other packages, including gnome libraries that I'd prefer to
not have.

I don't really want a GUI editor, as I learned vim without a mouse and
consider the mouse a hindrance for almost everything except menus and
explicily graphical chores.

Is there a keyboard-only vim package, or will I have to roll my own?

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD