[xubuntu-users] copying files from Pc to PC

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 18:28:56 UTC 2012

On 04/30/2012 09:17 AM, Norman Silverstone wrote:
> In a few days time I hope to be setting up a new PC with a fresh install
> of Xubuntu 12.04. I would like to be able to copy files from Evolution
> that I use as my mail client and bookmarks from Firefox from my current
> PC to the new PC. Please help, what is the best way or a not very
> knowledgeable computer person to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Back when I used evolution, after the install, the reboot, etc. I would
copy the dot-directory that evolution resided in, from my backup, and it
always worked. YMMV. I didn't have much luck with the export/import from
backup scheme. That is what I do with thunderbird now, crossing my
fingers that nothing significant had changed in the file structure. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html