[xubuntu-users] smbclient connecting to a Red Hat EPEL 6 share

Luna Moon lunasilvermoon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 04:08:37 UTC 2012

On 04/29/2012 03:41 PM, Luna Moon wrote:
> Are you guys having trouble connecting to a samba shares?  I know I
> do, my Red Hat server has samba setup and it works great with windows
> clients, but when I installed Xubuntu 12.04 I cannot connect to any of
> the shares unless they have no log in.  Like anonymous work fine but
> others don't.  I know i am typing the password correct but it won't
> connect.
>
> I have already have
> client lanman auth = yes
> client ntmlv2 auth = no
>
> Domain=[MYGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.5.10-115.el6_2]
> Server not using user level security and no password supplied.
> tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD
>
> Is there extra steps I have to do for Xubuntu?  Anybody can kindly
> point me to the right direction.
I fixed it already I'm thinking samba or it could be Linux(more thinking
samba) does not like passwords with certain symbols.  I redid the
passwords to only numbers and letters though I like symbols but that is
a limitation I did not know I would face.  I CentOS 6 samba take
passwords symbols correctly it could be a bug who knows.