[xubuntu-users] 12.04: bootloader didn't install?

David Murphy glibdud at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 14:36:44 UTC 2012

Hi folks. I ran Xubuntu briefly a few years back, and thought I'd check it out again as an alternative to Unity or Gnome Shell. Last night I tried to install (12.04, 64-bit), and though the install appeared to be successful, after rebooting, my old Debian-installed bootloader still came up. I reran the installation to verify that I was telling it to install to the MBR of my SSD, but it still didn't do it. (There is another HDD in the system, and when I tried booting from that I got a Grub rescue prompt, which may or may not have anything to do with Xubuntu.) The CD passed a media check. Before I spend a ton of time troubleshooting, are there any known issues that may have caused this?

Thanks,
Dave
glibdud at yahoo.com