[xubuntu-users] Private Message Re: AMD64 images need some love

Benoit frombenny at aliceadsl.fr
Wed Apr 25 07:12:02 UTC 2012

About 1 or 2 weeks ago, I opened a bug for Compiz that doesn't work
anymore for me on Xubuntu. They answered me that I was wrong and that
some other versions of dependences are available (I looked for on
Lubuntu Xubuntu and Ubuntu, nowhere they were availables !). I haven't
that message saved but :

  * compiz still not working under Xubuntu
  * the Ubuntu desktop works in live session but when I install it, I'm
    unable to make it works. The screen is black and a message appear
    that compiz isn't working from 'apport'. As I autostart my sessions,
    I can't try to use the Unity 2D. As I was rejected from my bug
    report, I hadn't tried another install to have access to lightdm.

I looked for any trace of my first bug report. It seems to have been
deleted. It doesn't matter for me because I prefer the panel of Xfce
than Unity (more customizable). The only thing I miss really from Compiz
is the Zoom Desktop.

Yes I was a little upset by that answer to a bug report but still also
amazed by the work done for that great distributions.

Thanks
Benoit THIBAUD