[xubuntu-users] new user

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Sun Apr 15 10:13:36 UTC 2012

After trying for several weeks to use Ubuntu 11.10, this dog decided
that he was too old to learn new tricks and so I installed Xubuntu. To
do this, I downloaded the latest version of Xubuntu and installed it on
top of Ubuntu 11.10. The installation, although a little lengthy, went
extremely well and has been updated with several hundred files.
Everything I have tried, so far, has worked and I will now spend some
time familiarising myself with the set up.

I would welcome any advice on how I might tweak things to my advantage
and about things I might do best to avoid.

Thanks in advance

Norman