[xubuntu-users] something wrong with Xubuntu 11.04 after booting this morning

Steffen Schwarz steffen.schwarz at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 14:19:41 UTC 2011

Good morning!
I was wondering if someone here could point me into the right direction. After starting up this morning, Xubuntu doesn't behave the same way anymore. I always had two work spaces, now it's down to one and even If try to change the settings it doesn't do anything.
I can also not cycle through windows anymore using alt-tab, or any other way for that matter. Also the 'minimize', 'enlarge' and 'close' tabs on this browser window do not serve their purpose anymore, also the dock does not show when I move the mouse cursor over it when I have an application open. When I open an application the windows goes over the top system bar, etc etc. All this is a serious impairment in terms of the work I need to do.
Any ideas what this could be and how to change it back to what it was? Any hintd would be most appreciated!
Thanks!
Steffen