[xubuntu-users] Remote Shares with Thunar

Wesley Thaeron wesley.thaeron at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 17:56:01 UTC 2011

From: Bill Kemp <mail3 at billkemp.com>
Subject: [xubuntu-users] Remote Shares with Thunar

"Howdy. I am a confirmed distro hopper and recently have installed Xbuntu
11.10 on my EeePC. I plan to settle down here and so far, so good.

However I can't find how to browse network shares with Thunar. I can setup
my network printers, but viewing and connecting to remote folders is a no
go. I have looked over the documentation and googled to no avail. I assume
there is an easy answer. Thanks in advance."

Hey Bill. In the System menu is a program called Gigolo. Now I had to sudo
apt-get install gvfs-backends before it would show anything other than
Custom Shares but once I had it set up then Thunar had a Network item in
the tree pane and I was able to access my shares straight from Thunar. HTH