[xubuntu-users] Just joined

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 16:06:22 UTC 2011

Hi there,

have just joined the Xubuntu list. I have been using Linux for about 12
years now. Started with Suse then moved on to Mandriva. After that I
spent some years with Kubuntu and recently Mint KDE and Mint Xfce.

For me some of the recent versions are rather OTT and so I am looking at
Xubuntu. I am working with it in VBox at the moment, which gives me the
chance to play around without causing any trouble to my main distro,
which is Mint v 10 KDE.

So far so good except for one thing, When I use a calendar I like the
weeks to start on a Sunday. At the moment in Xubuntu I cannot work out
how to do that. When I click on the time button on the panel to bring up
the calendar it shows the weeks starting on a Monday.

To answer the obvious questions, my locale is set to en_GB and the
country is set as United Kingdom. I know that Orage uses all that for
its set up. Am I missing something somewhere please?

Neil