[xubuntu-users] Slow software center start-up

Paul Goff goff.pa at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 20:15:08 UTC 2011

I'm relatively new at Linux and have Ubuntu 10.10/Xubuntu 11.10 and have them on a Dell inspiron 2650, 512 mb RAM along with Windows XP Home--Acpi=off).  I like the Xfce desktop (xubuntu variety) but find the wait for the software center to be quite long (1 minute) compared with Ubuntu's (20 seconds).  Interestingly the synaptic package manager fworks much quicker (10 seconds).  Shutdown and restart also seem to take longer on Xubuntu.

In general though,on my set-up there is not much difference in performance between the two systems.  Any suggestions to speed up things?

Paul

Sent from my iPad