[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu session opens and then closes (without any user action) 5s later

pbat0908 pbat0908 at orange.fr
Sat Nov 26 15:55:54 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've been a happy user of Xubuntu since LTS 6.04 ; thanks for this nice OS that I use both at home and at work !

I have a problem on my home laptop currently running Xubuntu LTS 10.04 (for more than one year): when I log in, the account/password is recognized, the session is started, the Xubuntu panels appear as well as the desktop with all its icons but a few seconds later (between 5 and 10s) the session closes and I get back to the main system logon screen. This problem appears each time I start the session, without using any application or touching the keyboard or even moving the mouse. The system has 2 user accounts configured and this problem appears only with one of them.

Any clue to solve this problem ?
Thanks,
Patrick