[xubuntu-users] tired <OT>

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 17:46:04 UTC 2011

On 11/14/2011 12:16 PM, ron wrote:
> Xubuntu users,
> Perhaps I am taking my frustration in form of this email but I am tired
> of it.
> thank you for reading my whine and I apologize for my long "soap box"
> message.

What went wrong?? I'm popping in late, so I don't know what your
problems have been.

Apple wisely controls what hardware you run on, for that very reason.
What little bit of kit that you can use makes it far easier to stay on
track, development wise, with ~very~ few drivers to support.

Linux has to contend with a hardware community that is widely diverse
and, in a lot of cases, quite unfriendly to opening their drivers to the

So, if you run some hardware that is not easily supported, you have two
choices. Pay the World's Richest White Guy and just enjoy your computer
without a lot of effort, or duke out your problems for yourself and use
others that may be willing to help. The old adage that Linux is free,
but not as in beer, certainly holds true in this regard.

But, we ~ALL~ feel your pain! :) Ric