[xubuntu-users] Seamonkey--Updates?

James Freer jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 22:52:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:44 AM, Steven Susbauer <steven at too1337.com> wrote:
> On 11/03/2011 04:05 PM, James Freer wrote:
>>
>> [Xubuntu 10.04 LTS]
>>
>> I've now been using Seamonkey for several months and so far i don't
>> think i've had any security updates.
>>
>> Is that the case with other users? What that suggests to me is that
>> Seamonkey isn't keeping up with Firefox on security updates.
>>

> It is not only a suggestion, it is the truth as you can verify:
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/seamonkey
>
> The last change to Seamonkey in Lucid was the security update to 2.0.11 to
> fix the vulnerabilities listed at
> http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/seamonkey20.html#seamonkey2.0.11
>
> I don't know what the trigger is to get a security update, but it is obvious
> that the current shipping version is vulnerable, as they have not even
> released updates with just the security fixes applied. Only Oneiric has a
> version that is considered secure at this point, all the others are also out
> of date.

Thanks Steven. What i couldn't see was when updates took place - same
thing for Firefox.. seems a while with them too. I've since changed to
Chromium which i like [tried the google Chrome and found one or two
glitches - makes one wonder what bits google have put in regarding
their usage tracking].

james