[xubuntu-users] weird display issues in xubuntu

uteck theuteck at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:47:03 UTC 2011

My media center display kept locking up until the latest mesa-gl update a
few days ago.  Have you updated recently?  But that is running 11.04, it
did not like the 11.10 upgrade and I had to reinstall.

Another wild guess, is the refresh rate being detected properly?

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Michael Stevens <mstevens at etla.org> wrote:

> With the non-proprietary driver I couldn't see a way to get dual
> monitors working.
>
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 02:21:02PM +0100, Karim REKIK wrote:
> > I have an ATI video card an no display problem. What happen if you switch
> > to the non proprietary driver ?
> > wkr
> >

> > 2011/11/3 Michael Stevens <mstevens at etla.org>
> >
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I've just installed Xubuntu on my machine as an alternative to
> > > standard Ubuntu, as I was hating Unity.
> > >
> > > I'm getting weird display issues - for example when clicking in a text
> > > box in Google Chrome, sometimes the window flashes black or appears to
> be
> > > displaying other parts of the screen.
> > >
> > > This didn't occur on a "standard" Ubuntu install.
> > >
> > > I'm using an ATI video card and the ATI drivers if that's relevant.
> > >
> > > Michael
> > >
> > > --

no .sig found
Please restart your browser.