[xubuntu-users] wicd bug ?

Lee Gold leegold at operamail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:23:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

wicd the latest version for Xubuntu 10.10 has a problem when trying to connect with a wired interface, it hangs when trying to get an IP address via I assume DHCP. If I go back to an older wicd version it works OK or if I use the default network- manager it'll work OK, XP works OK. Rarely if I kill the latest wicd version via the terminal and restart via the terminal: sudo wicd, it will work but normally it hangs as described.

Even if it connects a wired interface usually doesn't keep connected. It's really unreliable for me. But note wireless works fine only wired does this.

This problem is reported a lot when I google it but I can't find any established fixes for it. I prefer wicd but it seems like this problem is reported all over the place but seems like is not getting attention from developers(?) and does anyone know about this or have a fix?

Thanks.