[xubuntu-users] The Network Manager applet has vanished from the top panel in Ubuntu 8.10

D. Hoogland dhoogland at interestate.nl
Sat Jul 23 08:00:48 UTC 2011

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your help. After I gave in the command I got the following
reply:

An instance of nm-applet is already running.
** (nm-applet:1840): WARNING **: <WARN> constructor():
Couldn't initialize the D-bus manager.

It seems that the problem has to do with the D-bus manager (???).
Any idea how to proceed from here?

Thanks again, regards,

Daniel