[xubuntu-users] [11.04]-Problems & Questions From New User...

Jesse Palser SLNTHERO at AOL.com
Sat Jul 9 12:41:16 UTC 2011

[11.04]-Problems & Questions From New User...

Hi,

Been using Xubuntu 11.04 for a few days and am happy.

Have a few problems and questions:
- When I try to shut down or reboot,
Xubuntu just logs out and brings me back to log in screen?
(I am using menu/Log Out/Shutdown and menu/Log Out/Reboot.)
How do I fix this?

- When my Xubuntu first boots
it always opens [File System - File Manager] ?
How do I stop this?

- I can't copy from a directory in Thunar and paste to desktop?
How do I fix this?

- How would I disable desktop from showing a particular hard drive?
(have two extra HDDs, and want only one to show on desktop)

Thanks!

Jesse "JeZ+Lee"
16BitSoft
Video Game Design Studio