[xubuntu-users] Questions about errors and duplicate messages in .xsession-errors

jr creature.eternal at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 00:13:02 UTC 2011

On 16/12/11 00:04, Chris Green wrote:

>> running Xubuntu 11.10 here (clean install) and no .xsession.errors
>> file is generated.
>>
> That's a bit strange, the presence of .xsession.errors doesn't mean you
> have any errors.  It's simply a place where stdout from the start-up
> scripts gets sent.
>
> For example you should always see:-
>
>      /etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
>
> (unless they've changed things between 11.04 and 11.10).

Xubuntu 11.10 came with lightdm manager, I suppose that explains the
absence of that file.  still, I'd be looking into *why* the system tries
to start another X server because most of the errors relate to instances
of this and that already running, though you'd probably still get the
warning re buttons.

jr.