[xubuntu-users] Ps3 Slim

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Tue Dec 13 18:24:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 06:57:57PM +0100, Max Marcus wrote:

> Hi!  Is there anyone who has formatted and installed another OS on their Ps3
> Slim ? Can someone pleeeaase help me install Xubuntu or Ubuntu on my ps3 slim
> ???  Regards, Max !

Hi Max,

I'm by no means an expert, as I don't own one, but I heard bad things regarding
Sony's linux support on later models of Playstation 3 (especially the Slim
model), and this link [0] seems to provide some more detailed information about the
subject.

Now as I said, I am not saying it can't be done. But be wary about the
possibilities of such.

[0]: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/28/sony_ps3_slim_linux_install_loss/

--
Jaska