[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu is fascinating!

Yassen Damyanov yassen_tis at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 12:24:42 UTC 2011

Hello, Xubuntu users and contributors,

Just dropping by to express my appreciation.

I am a Linux/Unix sysadmin since 1998 and a Linux Desktop user since 2002 (Yeah, up to 2002 my desktop was W2K ...) Past 2002 I've tried a lot of distros to run my desktop machine with, but never kept any one longer than several months, disappointed by bugs and inconsistent behaviour. Yeah, I am quite pretentious. Thought about moving to MacOS ... when suddenly last year I found Xubuntu! (Yeah, I do know Ubuntu and Kubuntu very well, but not Xubuntu until recently.)

And guys, my current Xubu 11.04 workstation really makes me scream out of joy! The look & feel is ... fascinating! Speed and functionality is exactly what I've always looked for!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

I really have no words. I'll say only that I am literally in love with the Bluebird theme and all Desktop Linux machines in my company that run Linux (some 15 of them) already run Xubuntu :)

Please, those involved, keep up the GREAT work!
God bless you.
Yassen

P.S. Is there something like a page suggesting possible ways to contribute to the project?